RE: [GIT] Networking

From: David Laight
Date: Fri Nov 06 2015 - 10:28:46 EST

If mul_overflow() is a real function you've just forced some of the
values out to memory, generating a 'clobber' for all memory
(unless 'strict-aliasing' is enabled) and making a mess of other
optimisations.
(If it is a static inline that might not happen.)

If you assume that no one is stupid enough to multiply very large
values by 1 and not get an error you could have mul_overflow()
return the largest prime if the multiply overflowed.

David