Re: [BUG, PATCH 03/10] sysfs: added __compat_only_sysfs_link_entry_to_kobj()

From: Jeremiah Mahler
Date: Sat Nov 07 2015 - 22:04:24 EST

Jarkko,

On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 02:49:06AM +0200, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 07, 2015 at 03:11:47PM -0800, Jeremiah Mahler wrote:
> > Jarkko,

[...]
> > It sounds like you have the problem figured out and have a good fix.
> > If I can do anything else to help let me know :-)
>
> Turns out that after all the second issue that I described was also
> because of this patch.
>
> Clean up was not done properly when that function. I revised my fix.
>
> If you want to help, check that the revised patch works I'll add
> Tested-by to the patch. Thank you!
>
> > --
> > - Jeremiah Mahler
>
> /Jarkko

I tested the patch (link below) and it works with one small caveat.
The patch would not apply because line 231 uses list_add_tail_rcu
instead of list_add_rcu. I am working from commit 9b774d5cf2d where
the problem started. Your repo likely has other changes involved.

https://github.com/jsakkine/linux-tpmdd/commit/73ea7e0b8045f9610c3274bcefaf89b7a05ee781

--
- Jeremiah Mahler