[PATCH v6 0/5] clk: shmobile: Add new CPG/MSSR driver
From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Thu Nov 12 2015 - 10:55:50 EST
Hi Mike, Stephen, et al.,
This series adds a new driver for the Renesas CPG (Clock Pulse
Generator) and MSSR (Module Standby and Software Reset) blocks for R-Car
H3 (r8a7795). This is supposed to be more in-line with current CCF best
practices, and allows expansion to cover the module reset functionality
in the future. This drivers follows the DT bindings in
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/renesas,cpg-mssr.txt, which have
been accepted in clk/clk-next.
Support for other SoCs may be added later.
- Patch 1 reworks configuration after the removal of shmobile-legacy,
and prepares for the advent of arm64 support, where
CONFIG_ARCH_SHMOBILE_MULTI is not defined.
- Patch 2 makes clock-output-names optional in the DIV6 driver.
This is a bit unrelated, but I had sent this patch before, and
there's a contextual dependency,
- Patch 3 prepares the existing DIV6 driver for reuse,
- Patch 4 introduces the new CPG/MSSR driver core, to be used by
several SoC-specific drivers,
- Patch 5 introduces the new r8a7795-specific driver.
Compared to v5, only the r8a7795-specific driver (patch 5) received a
few bug fixes and enhancements. More detailed changelog information is
available in the individual patches.
For your convenience, I pushed these patches and its dependencies to the
topic/cpg-mssr-v6 branch of my renesas-drivers repository at
A full integration for R-Car Gen3 is available in the topic/gen3-latest
- v5 = "[PATCH v5 0/5] clk: shmobile: Add new CPG/MSSR driver"
- v4 = "[PATCH/RFC v4 0/5] clk: shmobile: Add new Renesas CPG/MSSR DT
- v3 = "[PATCH/RFC v3 0/3] clk: shmobile: Add new Renesas CPG/MSSR DT
- v2+ â "[PATCH v8 00/05] Renesas R-Car Gen3 CPG support V8"
- v2 = "[PATCH/RFC v2 0/4] Renesas CPG/MSTP DT Binding Proposal"
- v1 = "Renesas CPG/MSTP DT Binding Proposal"
Geert Uytterhoeven (4):
clk: shmobile: div6: Make clock-output-names optional
clk: shmobile: div6: Extract cpg_div6_register()
clk: shmobile: Add new CPG/MSSR driver core
clk: shmobile: r8a7795: Add new CPG/MSSR driver
Magnus Damm (1):
clk: shmobile: Rework CONFIG_ARCH_SHMOBILE_MULTI
.../bindings/clock/renesas,cpg-div6-clocks.txt | 4 +
drivers/clk/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/clk/shmobile/Makefile | 24 +-
drivers/clk/shmobile/clk-div6.c | 137 +++--
drivers/clk/shmobile/clk-div6.h | 7 +
drivers/clk/shmobile/r8a7795-cpg-mssr.c | 382 +++++++++++++
drivers/clk/shmobile/renesas-cpg-mssr.c | 593 +++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/clk/shmobile/renesas-cpg-mssr.h | 132 +++++
8 files changed, 1217 insertions(+), 63 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/clk/shmobile/clk-div6.h
create mode 100644 drivers/clk/shmobile/r8a7795-cpg-mssr.c
create mode 100644 drivers/clk/shmobile/renesas-cpg-mssr.c
create mode 100644 drivers/clk/shmobile/renesas-cpg-mssr.h
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
-- Linus Torvalds
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/