Re: nouveau: iowrite32 oops & warning at drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_fence.c:198

From: Tommi Rantala
Date: Mon Nov 23 2015 - 15:17:44 EST

> Not sure if these apply here but there are a couple of outstanding
> locking fixes available in
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~darktama/nouveau/ -- specifically these
> two:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~darktama/nouveau/commit/?id=2f3a56ad019e378a352e9cb7a559f478826f1a87
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~darktama/nouveau/commit/?id=4179b15c6e9fcfb253e811e5477debe46c84c395
>
> Not sure if they affect this particular issue, but thought I'd point
> it out. Are you fuzzing with multiple threads, or just one at a time?
> Do you have a branch somewhere public with the changes to add nouveau
> ioctl support to trinity?

Hi!

I applied those two on top of v4.4-rc2, but the same warning and oops
are still easily reproducible. I can test with older kernels and/or
try to bisect when I have more time, unless anyone has better ideas.

I'm actually running unmodified trinity, and for this purpose only
fuzzing the ioctl() syscall from multiple processes, and opening only
the files from /dev/dri/:

$ ./trinity -q -loff -C20 -c ioctl -V /dev/dri/

Trinity knows about a bunch of DRM ioctl commands, but the rest of the
ioctl arguments will be garbage:
https://github.com/kernelslacker/trinity/blob/master/ioctls/drm.c

Tommi