x86 fpu: command-line parameters broken post-FPU-rewrite

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Tue Dec 08 2015 - 15:43:18 EST

Hey Ingo,

We were starting to look at reenabling XSAVES support and tried to use
the 'noxsave' and 'noxsaves' kernel command-line options. The rewrite
moved the FPU initialization to before we even are parsing command-line
options, even the early_param()s.

Do you have any preferences on how it gets fixed?

The most obvious thing would be to just defer as much of the FPU setup
as we can until after parse_early_param() has happened. The only other
think I can think of doing would be to try to do some *really* early,
simple, command-line parsing to look for 'noxsave' and friends.

Thoughts?