Re: [Questions] perf c2c: What's the current status of perf c2c?

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Wed Dec 09 2015 - 11:58:15 EST

> > the plan for me is to to use it some more to prove it's useful
> > and kick it to be merged with perf at some point
>
> So I never really liked the c2c tool because it was so narrowly
> focussed, it only works on NUMA thingies IIRC.

It should work on all systems with an Intel Core (not Atom)

However it was never clear to me if the tool was any better
than simply sampling for

mem_load_uops_l3_hit_retired.xsnp_hitm:pp (local socket)
mem_load_uops_l3_miss_retired.remote_hitm:pp (remote socket)

which gives you instructions that reference bouncing cache lines.

-Andi