Re: Issues with Lenovo Yoga 900 IIO devices (accelerometer, etc.)

From: Daniel Baluta
Date: Wed Dec 16 2015 - 04:44:06 EST

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 9:19 PM, Nish Aravamudan
<nish.aravamudan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, I apologize in advance for this relatively vague report, but I'm fairly sure
> the Yoga 900 has an accelerometer amongst other sensors (ambient light?)
> exported over IIO.
>
> But, these sensors seem to not be updating at all with a 4.4-rc5+ kernel (a
> set of patches from https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/11/30/441 applied to Linus'
> tree).
>
> The odd part is at some point in messing with this, I'm fairly sure it did work!
> That is,
>
> `watch -n 0.1 cat '/sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device'*/*raw*`

Can you send us a sample of the output? Also, would be
good to identify the exact driver for accel.

Perhaps: cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device'*/name

> showed updating values as I moved the laptop around.
>
> I've not done any accelerometer debugging before, so any suggestion on
> where to start would be greatly appreciated!

Did you applied some patches and recompiled the kernel? Or when it did stopped
working?

thanks,
Daniel.