Re: + arc-convert-to-dma_map_ops.patch added to -mm tree

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Dec 17 2015 - 00:44:24 EST

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 10:58:55 +0530 Vineet Gupta <Vineet.Gupta1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday 24 November 2015 01:20 PM, hch@xxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi Vineet,
> >
> > the original version went through the buildbot, which succeeded. It seems
> > like the official buildbot does not support arc, and might benefit from
> > helping to set up an arc environment. However in the meantime Guenther
> > send me output from his buildbot and I sent a fix for arc.
> >

> Hi Andrew, Christoph
>
> The dma mapping conversion build error fixlet (below) exists as a separate patch
> which will break bisectability. Will it be possible to squash it into the orig commit.

That's the plan. In http://ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmots/series you'll see

arc-convert-to-dma_map_ops.patch
arc-convert-to-dma_map_ops-fix.patch

I keep the base patch(es) and its fixes separate for various
tacking/history/bookkeeping reasons and fold them all together just
before sending things off to Linus.