iio/hid-sensor-accel-3d: no output from /dev/iio:device*?

From: Nish Aravamudan
Date: Thu Dec 17 2015 - 18:38:27 EST

[Starting a new thread from https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/12/15/663, as
now my laptop is displaying values in the sysfs *raw* files.]

So I'm trying to understand exactly how the hid-sensor-accel-3d driver works.

If I turn up debugging, when I `cat
/sys/bus/iio/devices/device*/*raw*`, I see "iio iio:device3:
accel_3d_proc_event" and I think that means that
hid_sensor_push_data() is getting called.

But read()'s on /dev/iio:device3 never produces anything, which is
what iio-sensor-proxy uses to translate events to dbus.

Is it expected that the dev-node is "silent"? Just trying to
understand if an extension to the driver to support a chardev based
output is appropriate, or if iio-sensor-proxy needs to be changed to
handle this device.

-Nish