Re: Indent issus in kernel module development

From: Austin S. Hemmelgarn
Date: Mon Dec 21 2015 - 10:13:24 EST

On 2015-12-20 07:52, chunguang qu wrote:
I tried it. Not worked unfortunately,.

```bash
$ ~/share/linux/scripts/checkpatch.pl --fix --types=spacing testcompletion.c
total: 0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 lines checked

testcompletion.c has no obvious style problems and is ready for submission.

NOTE: Used message types: SPACING
```
You might try something with clang-format. It doesn't have a built-in style option for the kernel (probably because the kernel can't currently be compiled with Clang/LLVM, but Linux does qualify for the first two criteria for having a new style default added, so if someone wants to actually work on it, they could probably get it included), but something like this for the config should get you pretty close:

BasedOnStyle: LLVM
IndentWidth: 8
UseTab: Always
BreakBeforeBraces: Linux
AllowShortIfStatementOnASingleLine: false
IndentCaseLabels: false

I'm pretty certain that this doesn't cover everything from CodingStyle, but it should cover most things, and most of the other stuff should be relatively easily scriptable using regex based replacements.