Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree

From: Chuck Lever
Date: Wed Jan 06 2016 - 07:01:43 EST

> On Jan 4, 2016, at 2:36 PM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jan 03, 2016 at 09:53:20PM -0500, Doug Ledford wrote:
>> On 01/03/2016 08:44 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>>> Hi all,

>>> So, on further inspection, it appears that there is a series of commits
>>> in the rdma tree that does basically the same as that nfsd tree commit
>>> above. So I have dropped the rdma tree again today. Please have a
>>> conversation guys ...
>>>

>> The initial patchset was Christoph's. It was later replaced with a
>> different patchset from Or Gerlitz. Bruce picked up some changes from
>> Chuck Lever that were originally based on Christoph's work but now need
>> to be rebased off of the current RDMA tree.
>
> OK. I'm assuming Chuck will want to do any necessary rebasing and
> retesting himself, so for now I've just dropped those patches, and
> expect to pick up new versions when Chuck gets back from the holidays.

Part of the plan was that Doug's tree would be merged before
Bruce's. But the above problem description looks like the
maintainer trees were merged into linux-next in the other order.

I'd like to make this simpler for everyone. Bruce, may I send
my for-4.5 NFS/RDMA server patches to Doug with your Acked-by?
That way, merge order won't matter.

Doug, what is the URL for the branch I should rebase on?

--
Chuck Lever