Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree

From: Or Gerlitz
Date: Wed Jan 06 2016 - 10:52:50 EST

On 1/6/2016 5:20 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
Chuck,

>Lets be concrete... anything wrong with patch [1]?
Yes. It is missing Acked-by: lines from the maintainers of
those files.

All changes to files under net/sunrpc need an Ack from one
of the maintainers listed in MAINTAINERS for that directory,
if the changes are going through another maintainer's tree.

I have been personally asked to remind folks that the
nfs-sunrpc maintainers do not read linux-rdma, so they
must be contacted directly (and cc: linux-nfs) as part of
proposing finished patches in that area.

I did that!!

I copied you and Anna on the patch [1].

Again, lets be concrete, this very small cleanup was picked and merged, anything there
need to be fixed?

Or.

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-rdma&m=145042924110411&w=2

Unfortunately I have not been able to review every patch
that has come by on linux-rdma in the past 9 months to
ensure the eyes are dotted and tees crossed. More than
a few commits in the tree are missing the proper tags.