Re: [dm-devel] WANTED new maintainer for Linux/md (and mdadm)

From: NeilBrown
Date: Thu Jan 07 2016 - 21:18:03 EST

On Thu, Jan 07 2016, Jes Sorensen wrote:

> Brassow Jonathan <jbrassow@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Many thanks Neil for all the work youâve done and the help you gave me
>> while working on the DM/MD interactions bits. Iâm happy you are
>> sticking around for the raid1-cluster and raid5-journal bits and Iâm
>> interested to see what comes out of those.
>>
>> I know there are a number of folks around Red Hat who are capable and
>> possibly interested to share the load. They should be back from PTO
>> soon and weâll make sure they know about the opportunity.
>
> Thanks Neil!
>
> I mentioned to Neil last year that I could probably be convinced,
> bribed, shamed, into maintaining mdadm.

I realise that is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but I am certainly not
looking for someone who needs to be convinced, bribed, or shamed.
I'm hoping for someone who will weigh the pros and cons, decide this is
a contribution they are willing (and maybe even eager) to make, and will
step up and do so.
And I suspect that behind that facade of reluctance, that is what you
are really offering. Thanks.

I propose to make one last release of mdadm either next week or the last
week of January. I plan to call it "3.4" in acknowledgment of the new
cluster and raid5-journal functionality.
If you were to take it from there, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
NeilBrown