Re: 390/qeth: Delete an unnecessary variable initialisation in qeth_core_set_online()

From: Ursula Braun
Date: Fri Jan 08 2016 - 03:26:06 EST

On Fri, 2016-01-08 at 08:18 +0100, SF Markus Elfring wrote:
> > As Heiko already answered, you could propose a lot of this kind of changes
> > with just minor benefit. I do not want to push them in single patches.
>
> Thanks for your clarification.
>

> > Either there is a cleanup patch for explicit initialisation of
> > local variables in the whole qeth driver,
>
> Is there any more fine-tuning cooking in the background?
Not yet; qeth is an important driver for Linux on System z; there are
lots of investigation ideas for improvements, which we will take care
about according to their priorities. I regard your proposed fine-tuning
code change as valid, but prioritize it as one with lowest benefit,
since it does not really make a difference once compiled.

> > or we take care about such minor changes, once we touch the code anyway
>
> How often will this really happen?
There is no general rule. Check our git history to answer this question.