Re: sound: use-after-free in snd_timer_interrupt

From: Dmitry Vyukov
Date: Fri Jan 15 2016 - 06:03:44 EST

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:06:10 +0100,
> Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > I've audited the code today, but the open window doesn't look like
>> > what I expected. I found only some possible cases with slave timer
>> > instances.
>> >
>> > In anyway, below is a test fix patch. Since I couldn't reproduce the
>> > issue on my local machines, it's hard to say whether this covers the
>> > holes you fell. Let's see...
>>

>> Hi Takashi,
>>
>> I would be interested to understand why other people can't reproduce
>> issues that I hit pretty reliably.
>> I suspect that it can be due to .config. Please try with the following
>> config values.
>
> I guess rather other config, e.g. the kernel debug options.
> I suppose you enabled KASAN and DEBUG_LIST. What else?

I've attached my config (you will need to disable CONFIG_KCOV, it is
not upstreamed).

>> I also start qemu with "-soundhw all" arg.
>
> OK, so you're testing with VM? This makes easier to recheck.

Yes, I start qemu as:

qemu-system-x86_64 -hda wheezy.img -net
user,host=10.0.2.10,hostfwd=tcp::10022-:22 -net nic -nographic -kernel
arch/x86/boot/bzImage -append "console=ttyS0 root=/dev/sda debug
earlyprintk=serial slub_debug=UZ" -enable-kvm -m 2G -numa
node,nodeid=0,cpus=0-1 -numa node,nodeid=1,cpus=2-3 -smp
sockets=2,cores=2,threads=1 -usb -usbdevice mouse -usbdevice tablet
-soundhw all