Re: Missing OMAP PM layer

From: Kevin Hilman
Date: Mon Jan 25 2016 - 13:16:10 EST

Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> * Pali RohÃr <pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx> [160124 12:24]:
>> Hello,
>>
>> make menuconfig allows me to choose "OMAP PM layer selection" and the
>> only one option is CONFIG_OMAP_PM_NOOP "No-op/debug PM layer".
>>
>> What does it mean? Power manager is noop?
>>
>> I see that it has only two corresponding files in mainline kernel:
>> arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-pm.h
>> arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-pm-noop.c
>>
>> Nokia's kernels (for N900 and N950) had also:
>> arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-pm-srf.c
>>
>> Can somebody explain it what happened with omap power management?
>>
>> Looks like that omap-pm.h provides some API, but the only implementation
>> is noop which do nothing.
>
> I believe none of that is needed any longer in mainline.
>
> Kevin, care to descrbibe what should be done here?

We had created the OMAP PM layer as a pluggable layer where we could
experiment with different approaches for adding constratints, etc. I
can't remember anymore what all was in there, but we gutted most of it
after switching to runtime PM.

The SRF was a "shared resource framework" that came out of a TI kernel
that was never accepted upstream either, but was one of the
implementation of the OMAP PM layer.

Kevin