Re: libbabeltrace feature detection message

From: Jiri Olsa
Date: Tue Mar 01 2016 - 07:51:33 EST

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 12:07:20PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:

> Hi Jiri,
>
> While testing a patch by Wang, that requires building with
> libbabeltrace, I noticed that there are no feature detection message
> telling that it was found successfully. The end result is the desired
> one, it builds with babeltrace, but I wonder if we couldn't have the
> [ok] line for it:

well, we removed it, because the latest version if libbabeltrace pkg
perf needs wasn't present in common distros.. so for most users that
would print 'OFF' as a status.. that might have changed now, dont know

anyway, for libbabeltrace and other in FEATURE_TESTS_EXTRA it's not possible
to print their status easily at the moment, because the status isn't known at
the time tools/build/Makefile.feature is included in config/Makefile

I'll check if we can reorg the code a little to get the full status at the end

jirka