Re: [RFC 4/4] perf kvm: Fix output fields instead of 'trace' for perf kvm report on powerpc

From: Ravi Bangoria
Date: Wed Mar 02 2016 - 10:47:28 EST

Thanks Arnaldo,

Please find my comments.

On Wednesday 02 March 2016 07:55 PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
Em Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 02:37:45PM +0530, Ravi Bangoria escreveu:
use_browser = 0;
+ if (!field_order &&
+ is_perf_data_reorded_on_ppc(session->evlist) &&
+ perf_guest_only())
+ field_order = "overhead,comm,dso,sym";
+
Can you please do it as:

__weak void arch__override_field_order(struct perf_evlist *evlist, const char **field_order)
{
}

So you mean like this - Just implement only weak function and move code into it?
ie. No strong implementation at this point of time.

Like,

__weak void arch__override_field_order(struct perf_evlist *evlist, const char **f_order)
{
if (!field_order &&
is_perf_data_reorded_on_ppc(session->evlist) &&
perf_guest_only())
*field_order = "overhead,comm,dso,sym";
}

Then I can do that.

But if you are proposing to implement a strong function and move this code
into in, then we won't be able to enable cross arch reporting.

This way we don't see any arch specific stuff in the tool, also I
haven't seen any doc update, are you sure nothing needs to be added to
tools/perf/Documentaton/ for any of these patches?

I think this needs to be documented further, probably in
tools/perf/design.txt too?

Yes, I'll do this in next version.

Regards,
Ravi