Unexpected tcpv6 connection resets since linux 4.4

From: Andreas Messer
Date: Sun Mar 06 2016 - 10:18:04 EST

Hi there,

i have updated two of my machines in the last weeks to linux 4.4.1 and linux
4.4.3. It seems that since then i get unexpected TCPv6 connection resets when
connecting to these machines remotely. The issue occurs with sshd and with a
http service. /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow are empty on both server
machines. I'm not so in IPv6 and have no idea whats going on. Please find
attached a network trace from one of the machines when connecting with ssh (on
port 23 for debugging).

Redirects should be accepted according to settings:

root@banana:/proc/sys/net/ipv6# cat conf/wlan0/forwarding
0
root@banana:/proc/sys/net/ipv6# cat conf/wlan0/accept_redirects
1
root@banana:/proc/sys/net/ipv6# uname -a
Linux banana 4.4.1-banana #3 SMP Wed Feb 17 23:03:38 CET 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Is there some new network settings or features? My network consists of an
ethernet/wlan router where subnet of wlan and ethernet are identical. (forced
by the router, but was never a problem before). The problem occurs when
connecting from ethernet machine to wlan machine and when connecting from wlan
machine to wlan machine. At the moment its not possible to establish a
connection with these machines using IPv6.

Thanks for help!

Cheers
Andreas