[RESEND PATCH V4 0/4] Introduce CoreSight STM support
From: Chunyan Zhang
Date: Tue Mar 08 2016 - 01:35:26 EST
This patchset adds support for the CoreSight STM IP block.
In the fourth version, comments from various people have been
addressed. Representing configurations where channels are shared
between multiple masterIDs has been kept unchanged from the previous
version because a viable alternative hasn't been suggested.
This RESEND PATCH 1/4 depends on the patch  which has been
merged into linux-next.
Changes from V3:
- Removed ioctl get_options interface from the generic STM code and CoreSight STM driver.
- Removed 'write_max' from the structure 'stm_drvdata', and changed 'write_64bit' to 'write_bytes'.
- Revised stm_fundamental_data_size() to return the fundamental data size instead of 0/1.
- Removed stm_remove() from the driver.
- Revised the return value of ::packet() callback function according to .
- Modified stm_send() to send one STP packet at a time.
- Added comments to invariant/guaranteed CoreSight STM transaction mode.
Changes from V2:
- Changed to return -EFAULT if failed on the command STP_GET_OPTIONS.
- Used Alex's patch  instead of the last 2/6.
- Removed the while loop from stm_send(), since the packet size passed
to it isn't larger than 4 bytes on 32-bit system and 8 bytes on
- Removed stm_send_64bit(), since the process of packets on 64-bit
CS-STM should be basically the same with on 32-bit system, except the
maximum length of writing STM at a time.
- Removed the support of writing 64-bit to CoreSight STM buffer at a time
on 32-bit ARM architecture according to an ARM engineer suggestion. As
he said that the STM might receive a 64-bit write, or might receive a
pair of 32-bit writes to the two addressed words in either order.
So 64-bit write isn't guaranteed to work on the ARM 32-bit architecture.
Changes from v1:
- Added a definition of coresight_simple_func() in CS-STM driver to
avoid the kbuild test robot error for the time being. This
modification will be removed when merging the code in which the
coresight_simple_func() has been moved to the header file.
- Calculate the channel number according to the channel memory space size.
Chunyan Zhang (1):
Documentations: Add explanations of the case for non-configurable
Mathieu Poirier (2):
stm class: provision for statically assigned masterIDs
coresight-stm: Bindings for System Trace Macrocell
Pratik Patel (1):
coresight-stm: adding driver for CoreSight STM component
.../ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-coresight-devices-stm | 53 ++
.../devicetree/bindings/arm/coresight.txt | 28 +
Documentation/trace/coresight.txt | 37 +-
Documentation/trace/stm.txt | 6 +
drivers/hwtracing/coresight/Kconfig | 11 +
drivers/hwtracing/coresight/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-stm.c | 890 +++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/hwtracing/stm/core.c | 17 +-
drivers/hwtracing/stm/policy.c | 18 +-
include/linux/coresight-stm.h | 6 +
include/linux/stm.h | 8 +
include/uapi/linux/coresight-stm.h | 21 +
12 files changed, 1090 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-coresight-devices-stm
create mode 100644 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-stm.c
create mode 100644 include/linux/coresight-stm.h
create mode 100644 include/uapi/linux/coresight-stm.h