Re: Glibc recvmsg from kernel netlink socket hangs forever

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Fri Mar 11 2016 - 20:25:58 EST

On 03/11/2016 04:13 PM, Cong Wang wrote:
On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 11:33:17AM -0800, Jun Wang wrote:
Guenter,

Which additional netlink changes from 4.2 did you patch? We still see
the problem with your test program with 4.1.12 which have the
following two patches mentioned by Herbert Xu on this thread.

Jun,

Sorry, I don't recall, and I no longer have access to the kernel since
I now work for a different company. I do recall that we had to apply
additional patches later, but I don't remember details.

I think it is probably this one:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/commit/net/netlink/af_netlink.c?h=linux-4.1.y&id=a52ec6de6d1638e8c203d7188c55627f75371612

The original backport is incorrect in 4.1 branch, and it is fixed now.

Yes, overall I would hope that 4.1.y should be up to date and working now.

Guenter