Re: Nokia N900 - audio TPA6130A2 problems

From: Pali RohÃr
Date: Sat Mar 12 2016 - 07:42:48 EST

On Sunday 06 March 2016 16:23:39 Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> Hi Pali,
>
> On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 12:34:12AM +0100, Pali RohÃr wrote:
> > >
> > > No major changes has been done to the tpa driver during the past
> > > years... I wanted to do some updates, like moving it to regmap,
> > > but as you said, n900 is the only user (and n9) and I do not
> > > feel comfortable to hack on a device where I do not have serial
> > > console... And I'm using the n900 time to time also.

> > > What would happen with the SCL stuck on i2c.2 bus if you remove
> > > the tpa driver from the kernel? If you remove the other drivers
> > > for the devices on i2c.2?
> >
> > Hi Peter and Jarkko! Do you have some code samples for testing? Or
> > something else which I can test? This problem is still reproducible
> > on more N900 devices and I would like to see it fixed.
>
> I have not seen your error with N900, but while working on N950 I
> noticed similar problems when I added lp5523. I think the lp5523
> reset routine locks up the omap i2c controller, since the lp5523
> will stop responding in the middle of an ongoing communication:
>
> static void lp55xx_reset_device(struct lp55xx_chip *chip)
> {
> struct lp55xx_device_config *cfg = chip->cfg;
> u8 addr = cfg->reset.addr;
> u8 val = cfg->reset.val;
>
> /* no error checking here because no ACK from the device after reset
> */ lp55xx_write(chip, addr, val);
> }
>
> Since tpa6130a2 is on the same i2c bus, it would be affected by
> this. You can check this by just commenting out the call to
> lp55xx_reset_device() in the probe function, since it's not
> needed on N900 (chip reset is done via enable gpio anyways).
>
> I'm pretty sure, there were no bus lock problems when I added
> lp5523 to N900 dts, so this having problems with this is probably
> a regression in the omap-i2c driver.
>
> -- Sebastian

Hi Sebastian! Commenting calling lp55xx_reset_device function did not
helped. Still getting that error.

Tony, Peter, Jarkko: can you reproduce this problem? I'm really stucked
here... do not know where is problem or how to fix it. What we know that
it happens when rebooting from stock Nokia kernel (2.6.28) to upstream.

--
Pali RohÃr
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx