Re: [GIT PULL] GPIO bulk changes for kernel v4.6

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Mar 18 2016 - 11:56:16 EST

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 2:39 AM, Laxman Dewangan <ldewangan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Apologizing for the trouble created by me.

Don't worry about it, we'll just have to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I thought you must have had done something special to do this, and
that made me upset.

But the fact that it was just a trivial and explainable mistake makes
it slightly sad, but "mistakes happen".

I'll push to get it harder to make this mistake in git, and that will
be part of the "let's make sure it doesn't happen again".

We have other ugly history issues. I don't like it, and I wish I had
caught this earlier (or better yet, somebody else had), but it's water
under the bridge.

Linus