Re: Major KVM issues with kernel 4.5 on the host

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sun Mar 20 2016 - 14:59:23 EST

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 09:42:15PM +0300, Andrey Korolyov wrote:
> Yes, I suggested that the issue could fall over a different family as
> well to expose explicit corruption of a guest pages (as opposed to a
> generic corruption in a known case).

Probably, but I don't think it is microcode patch related.

> Since there is no direct evidence of what exactly (data or pgt) is
> getting corrupted, would disabling npt for a testing purposes be
> helpful?

So I'm not sure what even happens here yet. I haven't seen anything out
of the ordinary in Marc's dmesg and I wasn't able to reproduce either.
So would it be good to try with "npt=0"? Sure, why not.

Marc, you could give that a try to see if it changes anything...

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.