Re: livepatch: reuse module loader code to write relocations

From: Jessica Yu
Date: Tue Mar 22 2016 - 15:00:31 EST

+++ Jiri Kosina [21/03/16 23:02 +0100]:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016, Josh Poimboeuf wrote:

According to my test that still results in the literal value of

Alright. But we should be able to special-case it with a two #if checks on
the __SIZEOF_LONG__ value and BUILD_BUG_ON() when __SIZEOF_LONG__ is not
of one of the ususal sizes.

And while we're at it, we might as well add a BUILD_BUG_ON check for
KSYM_NAME_LEN too, since we are also hard coding that field width, and
we'd like to be alerted if that value ever changes.