Re: watchdog: deadlock warning with imx2_wdt driver and systemd

From: Clemens Gruber
Date: Thu Apr 21 2016 - 09:44:54 EST

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 09:30:07PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:

> Hi Clemens,
>
> fix is to drop the call to cancel_delayed_work_sync() from watchdog_release().
> Turns out the call is not necessary.
>
> I'll send a proper patch in the next couple of days.
>
> Guenter

Hi Guenter,

thank you for finding the cause of the problem! Removing the
cancel_delayed_work_sync call from watchdog_release in watchdog_dev.c
did fix the lockdep warning on all my boards [without having to revert
commit 11d7aba9ce (watchdog: imx2: Convert to use infrastructure
triggered keepalives) first].

Tested-by: Clemens Gruber <clemens.gruber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Cheers,
Clemens