Re: [GIT PULL] killable rwsems for v4.7

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon May 16 2016 - 16:32:34 EST

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This tree, by Michal Hocko, implements down_write_killable(). The main usecase
> will be to update mm_sem usage sites to use this new API,

Hmm. Is somebody (Michal?) looking at down_read_killable() too?

The VFS layer will want it with the pending parallel lookup code - the
inode semaphore is being converted to a rwsem, and there's a couple of
"killable" users.. The first step actually just wants to the exclusive
case (ie the write case that this adds), but I think the readdir code
could really use a reading version too..

Linus