Re: [patch] sched/fair: Move se->vruntime normalization state into struct sched_entity

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Mon May 23 2016 - 08:28:42 EST

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 11:40:35AM +0200, Mike Galbraith wrote:

> Yup, bugs--. Kinda funny, I considered ~this way first, but thought
> you'd not that approach.. dang, got it back-assward ;-)

Hehe, so the new flag is in a word we've already written to on this path
and it avoids growing the structure (by an undefined number of bytes,
see gripes about sizeof(bool)).

I am thinking of doing the thing you did for a debug aid -- then again;
if the Google guys would finally get the global vruntime patches sorted,
we can go and kill all this code.