Re: [GIT PULL] Ceph updates for 4.7-rc1

From: Sage Weil
Date: Thu May 26 2016 - 15:02:21 EST

On Thu, 26 May 2016, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Sage Weil <sweil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Please pull the following Ceph updates from
>
> Why was that branch rebased yesterday?
>
> What has been in next, if anything?
>
> And if something has been in next, why was _that_ not sent to me?

The branch was assembled in its current form yesterday and is included in
today's -next:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/?id=e536030934aebf049fe6aaebc58dd37aeee21840

The same commit went through our internal testing last night, and we've
been testing the code for the better part of a week internally.

If you want it to bake longer in -next first, let us know. We're not
causing merge conflicts, and there isn't -next-based ceph testing that I'm
aware of going on outside of our own QA environment, so I'm not sure how
valuable it is, but I'm happy to delay before sending a pull request if
that's what you want to see.

Thanks-
sage