Re: linux-next: manual merge of the arm tree with Linus' tree

From: Russell King
Date: Wed Jun 01 2016 - 04:53:25 EST

On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 10:07:46AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
> with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> complex conflicts.

That wasn't intentional - I guess the "component" branch got included
in for-next when I rebuilt that branch.

The conflict has been around for a while (it's a conflict between code
merged during the merge window, and my changes) and it will get cleaned
up when I rebase my development onto -rc1.

Thanks anyway.

--
Russell King
ARM architecture Linux Kernel maintainer