Re: [patch] events/amd/power add support for fam16h model30h

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Fri Jun 17 2016 - 15:58:01 EST

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 03:41:38PM -0400, Vince Weaver wrote:
> FWIW on the trinity machine (F15hM13h) with your patch applied I get the
> following:
>
> vince@a10:~$ sensors
> k10temp-pci-00c3
> Adapter: PCI adapter
> temp1: +0.0ÂC (high = +70.0ÂC)
> (crit = +70.0ÂC, hyst = +69.0ÂC)
>
> fam15h_power-pci-00c4
> Adapter: PCI adapter
> power1: N/A (crit = 100.04 W)

Yeah, I didn't expect to be that easy.

Provided hw support on TN is present, someone needs to sit down and
audit the algorithm in show_power() and sanity-check all those values
coming from the PCI regs.

But I'd wait for Rui first to confirm whether it is even worth to chase
this or whether TN is a lost cause because this TDP mechanism is not
supported there or whatever other reason there might be...

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.