[RFC 00/19] Runtime PM fixes for omap-ssi

From: Sebastian Reichel
Date: Sat Jun 18 2016 - 12:27:27 EST

Hi,

This series fixes runtime PM for omap-ssi, so that
the OMAP SoC can idle correctly. After applying the
series, the SSI module correctly goes into idle if
phonet0 interface is not configured or if it's
used by ofono (*). Apart from me Pavel Machek did
some testing of my devel branch [0] and reported,
that he was able to get the phone into full idle.

Note: I did my testing with kernel flashing over USB, so
idle is broken. But I found the bit in cm_idlest1_core,
that stands for SSI blocking status: 0x00800000 (documented
as "reserved" in the public TRM).

(*) "ifconfig phonet0 up" will result in blocking ssi module
until modem setup has finished (data communication via
phonet0 device), since it enables ssi wakelines.

[0] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/sre/linux-hsi.git/log/?h=runtime-pm-fixes

-- Sebastian

Sebastian Reichel (19):
HSI: omap_ssi_port: remove useless newline
HSI: omap_ssi: do not reset module
HSI: ssi_protocol: avoid ssi_waketest call with held spinlock
HSI: ssi_protocol: replace spin_lock with spin_lock_bh
HSI: ssi_protocol: fix ssip_xmit invocation
HSI: omap_ssi: convert cawake irq handler to thread
HSI: omap_ssi_port: replace wkin_cken with atomic bitmap operations
HSI: core: switch port event notifier from atomic to blocking
HSI: omap_ssi_port: prepare start_tx/stop_tx for blocking pm_runtime
calls
HSI: omap_ssi_core: use pm_runtime_put instead of pm_runtime_put_sync
HSI: omap_ssi_core: remove pm_runtime_get_sync call from tasklet
HSI: omap_ssi_port: switch to threaded pio irq
HSI: omap_ssi_port: avoid pm_runtime_get_sync in ssi_start_dma and
ssi_start_pio
HSI: omap_ssi_port: avoid calling runtime_pm_*_sync inside spinlock
HSI: omap_ssi_port: replace pm_runtime_put_sync with non-sync variant
HSI: omap_ssi_port: ensure clocks are kept enabled during transfer
HSI: omap_ssi: call msg->complete() from process context
HSI: omap_ssi_port: use rpm autosuspend API
HSI: omap_ssi: drop pm_runtime_irq_safe

drivers/hsi/clients/ssi_protocol.c | 110 +++++++++-------
drivers/hsi/controllers/omap_ssi.h | 18 +--
drivers/hsi/controllers/omap_ssi_core.c | 46 +++----
drivers/hsi/controllers/omap_ssi_port.c | 226 ++++++++++++++++++--------------
drivers/hsi/hsi_core.c | 8 +-
include/linux/hsi/hsi.h | 2 +-