Re: [tip:x86/debug] printk: Make the printk*once() variants return a value

From: Joe Perches
Date: Sun Jul 10 2016 - 08:34:02 EST

On Sun, 2016-07-10 at 14:06 +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 01:23:51AM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> >
> > Assuming tip is included in linux-next as of july 8, yes.
> Try one which has http://git.kernel.org/tip/81c2949f7fdcf8ff681326669a
> fde24962232670

That commit isn't in -next and this change to add a return
value to no_printk in _this_ patch is, as I wrote, not
required here.

It's fine that no_printk return a 0 value, but it should
be introduced in a separate patch that introduces that
requirement or at least mentioned in the changelog of
this patch _why_ it's it to be changed.  Otherwise, the
change just appears spurious.