Re: hwmon: xgene: Add support for X-Gene hwmon driver

From: Loc Ho
Date: Sun Jul 24 2016 - 02:31:26 EST

Hi Itaru,

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 10:04 PM, Itaru Kitayama
<itaru.kitayama@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Hoan,
>
> I didn't mention in my previous post, though I think I'm using fairly recent version of Tianocore F/W, and I can confirm there's the PCCT table,
>
> [ 0.000000] ACPI: PCCT 0x00000047FA826000 000300 (v01 APM XGENE 00000003 01000013)
>
> is this still not enough? If that's the case, I'll talk to APM for
> their latest development Tianocore version.

You will need the to be released FW version 3.06.xx or above. This new
FW won't be official release until at least a few months. If you want
to test this new firmware, we can get you an earlier image but there
will be very limited support. Though, Hoan will support you when
possible.

> Also, if you or your folks can fold your patch set into APM's xgene-next
> GitHub repo, that would help me to keep up with the development.

This can only get pull into xgene-next if it had accepted upstream.

-Loc