[PATCH v2 0/3] MT8173 HDMI 4K support
From: Bibby Hsieh
Date: Wed Jul 27 2016 - 04:32:16 EST
This is MT8173 HDMI 4K support PATCH v2, based on 4.7-rc1.
In order to support HDMI 4K on MT8173,
we have to make some modifications.
1) Make sure that mtk_hdmi_send_infoframe is sent successfully.
2) Enhance the HDMI driving current to improve performance.
3) Make sure that pixel clock is 297MHz when resolution is 4K.
Changes since v1:
- According to the suggestion from philipp, We use the new
dpi0_sel rate set method.
- calls clk_set_rate to set the dpi0_sel according to the
- Remove the direct access to all the intermediate clock part.
- Remove the intermediate tvdpll_d* clocks in dts.
- According to suggestion from CK, we rename the clock parse
function and remove it from mtk_dpi_conf struct.
- Merges the hdmi Pll set rate for pixel clock greater than
165MHz and smaller parts.
The PATCH depends on the following patch:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9249445/ (arm64: dts: mt8173: add mmsel clocks for 4K support)
Junzhi Zhao (3):
drm/mediatek: do mtk_hdmi_send_infoframe after HDMI clock enable
drm/mediatek: enhance the HDMI driving current
drm/mediatek: fix the wrong pixel clock when resolution is 4K
drivers/gpu/drm/mediatek/mtk_dpi.c | 149 +++++++++++++++---------
drivers/gpu/drm/mediatek/mtk_hdmi.c | 19 +--
drivers/gpu/drm/mediatek/mtk_mt8173_hdmi_phy.c | 42 +++++--
3 files changed, 138 insertions(+), 72 deletions(-)