Re: PROBLEM: network data corruption (bisected to e5a4b0bb803b)

From: alexmcwhirter
Date: Wed Jul 27 2016 - 19:13:31 EST

On 2016-07-27 14:04, alexmcwhirter@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Just to add some more information to this, the corruption seems to
effect ssh as well.

Using a sun hme interface, occasionally upon an ssh connection it will
refuse to authenticate a client with either password or cert
authentication. Using wireshark to capture and decrypt the packets
between the two machines, the data coming from the server seems good,
but the data received by the server from the client is essentially
garbage. Note that the client is sending valid data, but the server is
corrupting it upon receipt. Closing the connection and starting a new
one will remedy the login issue, but you do occasionally see
corruption on the server side sporadically.

So far this only seems to occur on incoming data, outgoing data seems fine.

Also, there is another patch the references this commit on sparc64 at least.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9221895/

I highly expect both my issue and OP's issue to revolve not around commit e5a4b0bb803b specifically, but around other code that no longer behaves as expected because of it.