Makefile.sphinx:17: The 'sphinx-build' command was not found

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Thu Jul 28 2016 - 18:10:26 EST

Hi,

since 22cba31bae ("Documentation/sphinx: add basic working Sphinx
configuration and build") the following warning is emitted when running
"make help":

$ make help > /dev/null
Documentation/Makefile.sphinx:17: The 'sphinx-build' command was not
found. Make sure you have Sphinx installed and in PATH, or set the
SPHINXBUILD make variable to point to the full path of the 'sphinx-build'
executable.

Indeed, I don't have "sphinx-build" installed (nor do I want to build
documentation), running "make SPHINXBUILD=/bin/true help" makes the
warning go away. Is there a way to omit the warning when
running "make help"? E.g. by not including Documentation/Makefile.sphinx
for that target?

Thanks,
Christian.
--