Re: [4.7+] various memory corruption reports.

From: Dave Jones
Date: Fri Jul 29 2016 - 11:19:16 EST

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 11:05:14AM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> I've just gotten back into running trinity on daily pulls of master, and it seems pretty horrific
> right now. I can reproduce some kind of memory corruption within a couple minutes runtime.
>
> ,,,
>
> I'll work on narrowing down the exact syscalls needed to trigger this.

Even limiting it to do just a simple syscall like execve (which fails most the time in trinity)
triggers it, suggesting it's not syscall related, but the fact that trinity is forking/killing
tons of processes at high rate is stressing something more fundamental.

Given how easy this reproduces, I'll see if bisecting gives up something useful.

Dave