Re: [git pull] drm for v4.8

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Aug 02 2016 - 12:40:52 EST

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 4:10 AM, Ville SyrjÃlÃ
<ville.syrjala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So PSR seems more likely. The underruns might point at some watermark
> fail though :(
>
> I have a couple of pending PSR patches you may want to try as well,
> if i915.enable_psr=0 helps.
>
> First set is here:
> git://github.com/vsyrjala/linux.git psr_setup_time_2
> This should be perfectly safe to go in actually, as it will only result
> in disabling PSR with certain panels.

This first git pull fixes it for me, as far as I can tell. I'm not
sure that the problem is 100% reproducible, but I booted into each
kernel twice, and the current git tree is broken, while with your
psr_setup_time_2 branch pulled it works. So it does seem to be the
fix.

> The second set is here:
> git://github.com/vsyrjala/linux.git psr_fixes_2

I didn't even test that one.

Should I just pull that psr_setup_time2 branch for real? I'd like to
get a real pull request with explanations etc, but other than that it
looks good to go.

Linus