Re: Generic section maintainers

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Wed Aug 03 2016 - 16:14:33 EST

On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:56:22 PM CEST Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> Arnd, Josh,
>
> In my linker table work [0], other than the linker table work and
> section ranges stuff, I'm adding:
>
> o include/linux/sections.h
> o include/asm-generic/section-core.h (not in RFC v3 but it is in my
> RFC v4 series not yet posted, splitting this up fixes compilation on
> powerpc which otherwise creates a header issue nightmare to resolve)
>
> I extend include/asm-generic/sections.h to then include
> <asm-generic/section-core.h>, and furthermore provide the beginning of
> a central place to document in a central place all common sections.
>
> As per checkpatch complaints I'll be adding myself to MAINTAINERS for
> the linker table headers, section ranges, but noticed then we don't
> have anyone in particularly looking carefully after
> include/asm-generic/sections.h other than the default which is Arnd.
> Given this work on streamlining the section stuff, I'd like to help so
> am considering adding a specific entry on MAINTAINRERS for generic
> sections and adding myself to it along with Arnd. Wanted to check if
> this is OK. While at it, it occurred to me that you might be
> interested in this a swell Josh, given your work with objtool. Would
> anyone else like to help with active maintenance / review of these ?

I'd rather not be listed separately for this file, I'm not really
an expert on linker scripts, and checkpatch.pl will pick up my
address anyway.

With my name removed from the entry, please add

Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx>

If you want, I can still merge the patches for these files through
my asm-generic git tree, but then I'd rely on you to pick them
up and forward them after review.

Arnd