RE: MAINTAINERS without commits in the last 3 years

From: Steve Twiss
Date: Thu Aug 25 2016 - 03:41:14 EST

Hi Joe,

The address "support.opensource@xxxxxxxxxxx" works. Thanks.

On 25 August 2016 00:34 Joe Perches wrote:

> Many email addresses in MAINTAINERS no longer work so many
> sections in MAINTAINERS could likely be considered either
> obsolete or unmaintained.
[...]
> The email addresses below are also bcc'd here to see what bounces.
> The list of the bounces will be collected.
>
> Thoughts?

[...]
> support.opensource@xxxxxxxxxxx

The support.opensource e-mail address is an alias contact group that sends to all kernel developers
at Dialog Semiconductor.

There is no way for that address to submit content to the kernel, we do that individually through
our personal e-mail (for accountability reasons), but when that address is used externally to contact
Dialog about our drivers, it gets translated and sent to all current Dialog kernel driver developers.

That method has advantages for us: all developers gets the message; it ensures somebody will pick up
the query; we can alter the internal developer inbox addresses and alter the list of developers internally ..
and we only need a single e-mail address in the kernel MAINTAINERS list.

Regards,
Steve