Re: Software evolution around scripts for the semantic patch langugae

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Thu Aug 25 2016 - 13:55:48 EST

> You obviously run some kind of semantic patching.

Yes. - I developed some software for search patterns I became interested in.

> It would really help ease review if you could publish the semantic patches
> that generate your patches

This is reasonable.

> - that is probably more helpful in review than just posting the generated patches.

Which of the available scripts (or SmPL source files) would you like to discuss further?

> And it does not need to be "complete",

I would feel more comfortable with publishing further scripts here when I can become
more confident about relevant safety checks in this software area.

> I'd think everyone on the cc: list here is able to handle a cocchinelle patch,
> for example.

Interesting view …

I did not expect this kind of expertise by default.

Regards,
Markus