Build failure in -next due to 'kbuild: allow archs to select link dead code/data elimination'

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Mon Sep 12 2016 - 18:24:55 EST

Hi,

your commit 'kbuild: allow archs to select link dead code/data elimination'
is causing the following build failure in -next when building score:defconfig.

arch/score/kernel/built-in.o: In function `work_resched':
arch/score/kernel/entry.o:(.text+0xe84):
relocation truncated to fit: R_SCORE_PC19 against `schedule'

Reverting the commit fixes the problem.

Please let me know if I can help tracking down the problem.
In case you need a score toochain, you can find the one I use at
http://server.roeck-us.net/toolchains/score.tgz.

Thanks,
Guenter