Re: Removal of regulator-boot-on/always-on when a consumer exists

From: Mark Brown
Date: Mon Sep 26 2016 - 12:58:01 EST

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 01:50:37PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:

> So regulator-boot-on and regulator-always-on can go away then?

Like I say I can't give you a definitive answer on this without looking
at the actual hardware and what it needs. Based on what you're saying
it sounds like it won't be an issue from the point of view of disrupting
other users but without knowing the hardware I can't tell if the
connected device can safely have power removed, sometimes devices don't
like having only one of many supplies removed.