Re: Regression in 4.8 - CPU speed set very low

From: Larry Finger
Date: Mon Sep 26 2016 - 19:54:06 EST

On 09/26/2016 05:16 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 12:09 AM, Larry Finger
<Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Maybe it's better to try diagnose the problem instead of spending more
time on bisection.

In my original post, I asked for such help, but nothing until today. I had no idea what to check, but now I have a better idea.

I'd like to know whether or not 4.7 was definitely good, though.

I never saw this problem with 4.7, but given the difficulty in triggering the problem, my tests may not have been definitive.

If it is one of them, it may be a while before I dare call this one "good".
In one respect, that is good as I will be traveling tomorrow and Wednesday.

What does "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_driver" say?

intel_pstate

Larry