Re: [GIT PULL] ACPI material for v4.9-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Oct 05 2016 - 13:30:09 EST

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This goes early as I will be traveling for a good part of the next week.

So you're presumably traveling, but I thought I'd mention this anyway,
since it seems to be new (but maybe I just never noticed before)..

I now get this during early bootup:

ACPI Error: [\_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.HS11] Namespace lookup failure,
AE_NOT_FOUND (20160831/dswload-210)
ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, During name lookup/catalog
(20160831/psobject-227)
ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, (SSDT:xh_rvp08) while loading table
(20160831/tbxfload-228)
ACPI Error: 1 table load failures, 8 successful (20160831/tbxfload-246)

and it has no actual other negative effects except that it makes my
boot screen flicker (because the boot wants to show me errors in
between the usual graphical "clean" boot screen).

Are those failures so bad that they should be marked as errors?

Linus