Re: CONFIG_DEBUG_TEST_DRIVER_REMOVE needs a warning

From: Laura Abbott
Date: Fri Oct 07 2016 - 11:41:27 EST

On 10/06/2016 08:56 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 04:53:20PM -0700, Laura Abbott wrote:
On a whim, I decided to turn on CONFIG_DEBUG_TEST_DRIVER_REMOVE on
Fedora rawhide since it sounded harmless enough. It spewed warnings
and panicked some systems. Clearly it's doing its job
well of finding drivers that can't handle remove properly and I
underestimated it.

Yes, we knew it was going to find bugs, you were brave :)

Sure, let's go with brave. That makes me sound good ;)

I was expecting to maybe find a driver or two.
Can we get stronger Kconfig text indicating that this shouldn't be
turned on lightly? I'll be turning the option off in Fedora but sending
out reports from what was found.

Care to send a patch with the wording change you would have found better
to warn yourself not to do this?

Sure.

thanks,

greg k-h