Re: Kildall

From: Ove BjÃrn Karlsen
Date: Sat Oct 15 2016 - 08:32:06 EST

Den 10/6/2016 10:37, skrev Ove BjÃrn Karlsen:
Den 10/3/2016 17:10, skrev Ove BjÃrn Karlsen:
Den 10/3/2016 14:29, skrev Ove BjÃrn Karlsen:
I tried Linux in 2010, with the peak of the Ubuntu distribution, Karmic Koala. And soon compiled my own kernel for it. But little recognition of my later low-jitter work it would seem. (That actually removed all "disk read" stops, from high-performance demanding games like Doom 3. Enabling a fluent 3x72 fps, since the engine does 3 passes pr. frame.)

And later Microsoft took back its lead. A big corporation like Microsoft could probably not be defeated. Unless ofcourse there was some real issue, some obscurity, that was the blue elephant in the room.

In Linux it is GNU. In Microsoft it is Gary Kildall.

Many may not be aware, that Gary Kildall should actually have been the Bill Gates of today. He actually wrote the first microcomputer OS, CP/M (~Kernal/console) that Microsoft later infringed on, and copied as MS-DOS.

When I analyse this, it seems american nationalism is at work. Gary Kildall had parents of Norwegian and Swedish heritage. Yet few here in Norway even seems to be aware of the "real" Bill Gates. While many know the enthusiast computing environment have had their brilliant people.

When it comes to the discussion of "Microsoft Business Practises", one should definately read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kildall

That is what it really ultimately is about. MS-DOS later even admitted to have "CP/M source" in the sourcetree.

Like I had to leave GNU support due to its obscurity, I have to leave "MS" support for the same.

Things Have To Be Done Right, and if anyone could do that, maybe some new OS have a chance :)

My view of a "good OS", is a high-level low-jitter optimized innerloop construct, based on possily just-in-time interpretated language, making most of the OS language one, and usable by newbies and advanced, that might make assembly aswell. Where often used library macros could ultimately be made in H/W and accelerated.

If you are a brilliant programmer indeed, in the US, salute the flag, and be american supergun... :|

Or.. make a music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odHUlDm6O-U

Peaceful Saluations.

So to really say what I am thinking.. A Good OS Obeys Metaphysical Laws.

Of Paradox Theos, or the culturally correct corresponding concept. (Probably not so much "god", but the original Gotan probably was that.) . .

Peaceful Salutations.

I also wrote this: https://medium.com/@Stage_Mind/the-metaphysical-realities-of-a-good-low-jitter-operating-system-93e7b248e458#.gitf5ib10

Just to be a little bit crazy, if the remotest chance of anyone wanting me to work with this, and finance it, I would.

RightOS by Admirers Of Paradox Theos. Some of the most intelligen men in the world who respect the metaphysical might pull this off. And fix so many obscurities we find with the modern internet.

Peaceful Salutations.