Re: [PATCH v12 RESEND 0/4] generic TEE subsystem

From: Andrew F. Davis
Date: Tue Nov 01 2016 - 15:22:07 EST

On 10/28/2016 01:19 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 10:43:24AM -0500, Andrew F. Davis wrote:
>> Do we see this as a chicken and egg situation, or is there any harm
>> beyond the pains of supporting an out-of-tree driver for a while, to
>> wait until we have at least one other TEE to add to this subsystem
>> before merging?
> We haven't been overburneded with TEE vendors wanting to get their
> driver code into mainline - do we have any reasonable prospect of other
> TEE vendors with an interest in mainline turning up in any kind of
> reasonable timeframe?

Doesn't look like anyone has near-term plans for upstreaming non-OPTEE
TEEs, we don't at least (TI), so I guess I see no reason right now to
delay upstreaming of this TEE's driver on the off-chance it is
incompatible with a TEE that may or may not try to get upstreamed later.
I'll redact my objection for now.