Re: [PATCH v2 00/12] Fix and update HOWTO Korean translation
From: Jonathan Corbet
Date: Mon Nov 07 2016 - 19:05:40 EST
On Tue, 1 Nov 2016 05:27:09 +0900
SeongJae Park <sj38.park@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This patchset applies ReST conversion effort for HOWTO document to its Korean
> translation. It also contains fixup of trivial nitpicks in the document and
> the translation.
OK, to the extent that I can understand them, these changes all seem
reasonable to me, and I'll be happy to apply them. Indeed, I have just
They stop short of the final step, though: actually hooking the
ReST-formatted file into the build system. I would envision something
- Create a new directory Documentation/translations (or something like
"trans" if we want to be shorter, but I think it makes sense to spell
- Move ja_JP, ko_KR, and zh_CN into that directory
- Rename .../ko_KR/HOWTO to HOWTO.rst
- Create an overall index.rst for Korean translations. It could include
information on how the translations are done, who to contact, and pull
in the translated HOWTO document.
- Add that index.rst to the top-level build. (We could consider putting
an index file in translations/ as well, but that can come later).
Make sense? I may do this in the not-too-near future if nobody else beats
me to it, but I'd welcome patches.